Friday, December 5, 2008

Orphanage Visit

hello everyone ! it's vanessa anne here ! i am here to blog about my orphanage experience.

Honestly, i was pretty nervous when we reached the orphanage and sat inside the classroom because i really wasn't sure of what to expect and how i was going to approach the children at the orphanage. But when we were told that there were some of them who were our age and even older, i started to feel even more nervous because i was afraid that they would be more sensitive towards the things i say to them as it may trigger something in their minds or something.

When we went down into the classroom where almost all of them were seated at, I cried when they sang the " abc " song. It somehow moved me alot to hear them sing and i began to realise how lucky i was to have everything back in singapore.

When we started to mix around with them, i felt really happy knowing that we were all doing something good for them and we were actually helping them. Nicole, Ivy and I was playing with this small boy and he was taking many pictures with my camera.He was actually really good at taking pictures and i felt really happy seeing how much he was enjoying it. I enjoyed the whole experience over there as it was so overwhelming and moving. I felt really good about myself after the visit as i knew that i did something good for someone else. I'm glad to have experienced it :)





well thats about it ! and thank you everyone for making my trip a very memorable one (: see you guys in school ! take care

love,
vanessa anne

No comments: